Tuesday, February 14, 2017

STAMPlorations inspiration #119

Happy Valentine's Day!

And welcome to Tuesday's inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team! As you know, we're all featuring stamps from one of our talented stamp designers.

Today we're using Becca's Big Grins stamps. From now until Feb 20 you can get most of Big Grins stamps at 10% off in the STAMPlorations store!

It's Gelli plate print time here on the blog. Ready for a Valentine's Day inspired card using Funny Kinda Love?



I started with the stamp set and a print with Valentine-y acrylic paint colors. Since I need a card for a young couple that just got engaged I opted for the image and the "congrats" sentiment. I heat embossed the image white onto red CS. I heat embossed the sentiment (and the heart) red onto a scrap of the Gelli print. Was originally going to put the sentiment onto white CS but then liked the idea of it blending better into the BG, although still providing a bit of dimension. Not too much though, so it wouldn't compete with the image of the couple! I fussy cut both and adhered them. Stitched around the edges and my card was done!


And if you're interested, here is another card using Funny Kinda Love.

So from now until next Tuesday, Becca's Big Grins stamp line is 10% off. With the STAMPGIRLMARIA discount on top, now is definitely the time to pick up any of Becca's stamps on your wish list, don't you agree?



2 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I am in LOOOOOVE with that background! It's all sorts of messy and chic. <3

Mary Holshouser said...

I have a gelli plate. Need to get it
out and play with it. Makes a great
background.
Fantastic card.
thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...